The best thing to prevent restaurant fires in Tampa is to have preventive measures on hand. There are many ways to do this but below are the two major things you can do to avoid restaurant fires.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Install a fire suppression system in the kitchen. This one is important because a majority of the cause of restaurant fires is caused by cooking equipment. This system can help suppress flames by automatically dispensing chemicals.
- Have fire extinguishers in different areas. These portable fire fighting items can come in handy whenever a small fire starts and can still be controlled.
- Always have a regular maintenance of electrical wirings and equipment. Always check with your contractor for any frayed cords or electrical wiring, cracked or broken switch and other combustible electrical materials.
- Have your kitchen exhaust systems regularly inspected. NFPA-96 Standard calls for a regular inspection of the kitchen exhaust systems installed in commercial kitchens. This can be done monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually depending on the classification of the business. It is done to prevent grease build-up which can also cause a fire in the kitchen.
- Proper staff training
- Train your staff to be familiar and to use fire extinguishers. It is better to stop a small fire before it burns up the whole establishment. Conduct pieces of training and seminars on the proper use of fire extinguishers as these can be of great help when an emergency arises.
- Always inform your staff to clean the kitchen equipment regularly. This is done to prevent any build-up of grease in your kitchen equipment.
- Inform your staff of proper disposal of cigarettes. Tell them also not to smoke near storage areas and make sure that cigarettes are out before disposing of them in trash bins.
- Handle chemicals properly. This goes especially to fire igniting chemicals. Always place them in well-ventilated areas and keep them away from supplies, food supplies or any source of flames.
HoodKlean – Tampa Hood Cleaning
1225 E. 131 Ave. Unit D
Tampa, FL 33612